Friday, April 13, 2012

Just For Fun on Friday - A Game of Author Tag

Friday, April 13, 2012 - Thanks to Kim Sabatini, I've been tagged in a fun little game of "Author Tag." She posted on her blog, www.kimberlysabatini.com on March 30, that writer Patty Blount (author of the upcoming novel, Send) tagged her, in a game started by Claire Legrand (author of the upcoming novel, The Cavandish Home for Boys and Girls).

If you're tagged, you have to do the following:

Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
Go to line 7
Copy down the next seven lines/sentences as they are - no cheating!
Tag 7 other writers

Kim (the author of the upcoming YA novel, Touching the Surface) is one of my favorite writer friends and also one of the most fun-loving people I know. Here's proof of that - a YouTube video of her doing the chicken dance in Target as part of the YA writing group teamTEENauthor's truth-or-dare challenge! http://youtu.be/5TG_cMWs0VA Haha - this chicken-dancing chick just cracks me up!!

So, in the spirit of having more fun, and because Kim tagged me as one of seven of her many, many writer friends and I always appreciate her encouragement of my writing, I've decided to go for it! I've recently taken down my 'tween novel, What Luck, from my work-in-progress shelf and am in the process of dusting it off and working towards finishing it.

So here are my seven lines from page 7:

We all looked past her out the door, at the dark sky. We could hear low rumbles of thunder.
I frowned. It had been a sunny late summer day. Until now.
"Hello, Moira," Great-Grandma Mona said to Mom. Her tone was formal.
"Hi, Grandma Mona," Mom said, and gave her an awkward hug. I noticed that Mona stood stiff as a yardstick.
Then she turned to me.
"Let me get a good look at you, child."

So there it is!

And now, I have to tag seven other writers - here they are...

1. Michelle Mead
2. Lisa Koosis
3. Rich Mirabella
4. Lobsang Camacho
5. Heather Chriscaden Versace
6. Bill Joel
7. Nancy Castaldo

Tag - you're it!! Are you game?! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment